More information: www.afaa.com
The Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) is the largest for profit fitness and Telefitness educator in the world.
Mission: “As the world’s largest fitness educator, AFAA delivers comprehensive cognitive and practical education for fitness professionals, grounded in industry research, using both traditional and innovative modalities. AFAA upholds Basic Exercise Standards and Guidelines for safe fitness practice.”
The goals of Aerobics and Fitness Association of America will be to:
- serve the Aerobics and Fitness Association of America fitness professional by developing programs and certifications beneficial to and of interest for the fitness industry;
- enhance professional development of fitness professionals by facilitating opportunities for learning and individual growth;
- establish standards and guidelines for the delivery of quality and professional fitness services and business practices, as well as the development of ethics statements for Aerobics and Fitness Association of America fitness professionals;
- collaborate with public and private industries on the development of programs and services to increase the awareness of fitness education and its benefits to individuals and communities;
- network with other industry organizations to advance the knowledge of fitness education and professional practices by initiating and disseminating research findings.
- Must be 18 years or older
- CPR/AED certified
- Gym experience
- Group Workshop/Online content, study guide and Exams: $499.00
- Textbook: $69.00
- Practice test: $20.00
|Starting Costs||Exam Voucher (months)||Exam Duration (hours)||Cert. Duration (yrs)||Starting Recert Fee||Hours for recert|